Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Shadowhunters 2x06

Image result for shadowhunters season 2 iron sistersShadowhunters 2x06
"Iron Sisters"
Thoughts and Feels

 Thinking about it, there wasn't too much that actually happened in this episode. There was some stuff right at the very end, but thaaaaaaat'ssssss about it. I would still rather have an episode like this though, where it is well-paced and has a few different plots, than an old one where we go at break-neck pace with a thousand things going on.

I think they did a pretty decent job with the Iron Sisters! Some of the training/fight scenes with them were slightly disappointing, but the outfits looked good. I'm not totally sure what the shining stuff on their faces were. Or what that story with the Mortal Sword was about. Can the Sword kill all downworlders? I don't think so.... I'm pretty sure its only powers were that it made shadowhunters tell the truth and is used to summon Raziel. Please correct me if I'm wrong though. I thought the setting of the barren landscape around the castle was awesome! They portalled through and there was just- wasteland. And it was 100% great.


Image result for shadowhunters season 2 iron sisters
To be completely honest, I think I loved the commercials most while watching this episode. I watched it live, and I don't know if this will happen for the other ways to view it, but while it was live, they went straight from the show into a commercial with the Shadowhunters actors in it, for a Fifty Shades Darker promo. I was so confused at first, but then I realized what it was, and I LOVED it!!! Especially Simon's part in the commercial! Oh my, that has got to be one of my favorite Fifty Shades promos to date.

I also really loved the Malec development! They get to go on a date and they talk about so many things that are also issues and point of interest in the books and it was so nice to see them get a minute to themselves, where they aren't trying to work or were just hanging out with other people. They carved out time for themselves and they progressed their relationship and I cannot wait to see what happens with them in the next episode!

Image result for shadowhunters fifty shades promoThe last thing that I think I need to mention is the growth of Simon and Maia's relationship in this episode. They sort of had a few moments in this episode, and it was nice to see that part of the books come through a little bit. It makes me wonder if Jordan is going to come onto the scene soon, because we meet him in City of Fallen Angels right? But we've already met Maia, so I don't see why we couldn't meet Jordan soon too. This all means that the timing of the show is slightly off from the timing of the books, but that has been the case for a while now, so nothing new.


One of the things I am most excited about is the fact that with every episode we get one episode closer to meeting Sebastian!!! He is actually one of the worst villains I think in YA history, but that's part of the reason why I want him to be on the show so much- he is such a critical part to the story! I am also really interested to see what they do with his plot line and how it is going to differ from the books.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment