Saturday, July 28, 2018

Prepping for Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas

33590260THERE ARE 87 DAYS UNTIL KINGDOM OF ASH COMES OUT!!!


We are less than three months away from the final Throne of Glass book! I don't know if my heart's going to make it, I really don't. For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about... ohhhhh my God. Where have You BEEN AND WhaT ArE yOU DoiNG REadInG THiS?!?!?!! YES! Shouty capital and crazy letters! Here, I'll even link the first book's Goodreads page here so you can check it out. Stop reading this! You have more important things to be doing!

Here's also a quick little blurby thing from Goodreads:
Image result for sarah j maasYears in the making, Sarah J. Maas’s #1 New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series draws to an epic, unforgettable conclusion. Aelin Galathynius’s journey from slave to king’s assassin to the queen of a once-great kingdom reaches its heart-rending finale as war erupts across her world. . . As the threads of fate weave together at last, all must fight, if they are to have a chance at a future. Some bonds will grow even deeper, while others will be severed forever in the explosive final chapter of the Throne of Glass series.
That out of the way, for those of us who have read the series, there's a lot of work to do to prepare. Emotionally, I think I'm going to be screwed no matter what. Oh my wryd, ROWAELIN IS MY LIFE. There are other ships too that I can't stop thinking about, but Rowaelin is bae. Let's be honest, the end of Empire of Storms essentially put me into a coma I was so distraught.


Image result for rowaelin fanart
On Pinterest (soure) it said "Credits to @meabhusd"
I had to stop that paragraph to steer away from a rant. Looking at Kingdom of Ash, it is currently set on Goodreads to have 992 pages. Ah. HELL. Yeah. The last two books in the series were large as well, but Tower of Dawn had 664 pages and Empire of Storms had 693 pages. To date, the largest published Sarah J. Maas book is A Court of Wings and Ruin (go read this series too if you haven't) with 699 pages. THERE ARE TWO HUNDRED MORE PAGES TO THIS ONE.

I can't even begin to fathom the number of tears and laughs and epicness and smut and badassery and such that will be within these pages. My brain can't compute it. I actually don't even think I've ever read a book this long. ***I just checked. I technically have because Voyager by Diana Gabaldon is 1059 pages, but that's mass market paperback, so I don't think it really counts like this. The largest full-sized novel I have read is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at 870 pages. So yeah, it's going to be the largest book I've ever read. (Swoons)***


Celaena Sardothien by Mariana-Vieira.deviantart.com on @DeviantArt
From: Pinterest/Deviantart @mariana-vieira
To prepare for this finale to a much-loved series, there are a couple of things I need to do.

Firstly, I am rereading the series. Seems basic, but I'm going back to school in like a month, so I have to make sure to stay on top of this shit. It may not actually prove to be too hard though because I am obsessed with this series. But, it still needs to and will happen. I only have two posts reviewing this series. One is for Empire of Storms, and the other a modge-podge review of Assassin's Blade through Queen of Shadows. Feel free to skim through them though for reminders about what happened.

Second, I need to figure out how I am going to paint my nails. It may seem like it isn't important, but I love painting my nails and I have painted them for special releases in the past, so I need to do it again for this book now.


My defacement of "A Court of Mist and Fury"
Thirdly, and optionally, I'm going to draw out some defacement plans for the series. For those of you who do not follow me on Tumblr (@booksandtea12 in case you're curious), I have painted the hardcovers of books before. Gasp! What? Yes, I have painted on the covers underneath the jackets. But, it really is more like fan art because it is sort of like an alternative cover. As you can see in this image, it's just fun and I really like paying attention to the book and the series like this. Because I do it so carefully though, it takes a longggggg to finish. That's why this one is optional and may not even happen at all. At least, not before KoA comes out.

Also, I have this not-so-insane theory that Aelin is going to make the Cauldron for the A Court of Thorns and Roses series. You can check that out here

I hope you are all as excited for this book as I am and we can all experience this amazing book together when it comes out!! Also, I know I hyperlinked like a madwoman in this post, but I sincerely think these are only some of the posts that I have psychotically written about this series, so feel free to keep poking around the blog.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment