Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Clace (from The Mortal Instruments): A Ship in My Fleet

A Ship in My Fleet
Clace (Clary Fray and Jace Herondale)
From: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
***Assume post has spoilers for the entire TMI series***

Alrighty, so I'm rereading the entire TMI series at the moment (that's why there's been less book reviews), and I realized that this was the perfect time for me to share why I ship and love Clace.

When I Started Shipping:
Image result for clace tarot cardIf we're being completely honest here then I started shipping them the second they meet. Yes, in Pandemonium- which is weird now that I think about it because nothing really happens in that moment. But I think it was Clary's stubbornness and grounding in reality clashing with Jace's sassy supernatural point of view that did it. As stereotypical as it is, I saw the snarky personality and was like, "Yup. Him." Totally a cliche, and I totally don't care.


Favorite Canon Moment:
OF thE enTiRe SerIEs??!! Oh boy....hm. (***sits and thinks for 20 minutes***) ONE of my favorite moments is definitely when the two of them are in the Seelie Court. I KNOW- this is probably one of the most awkward moments of the entire series because they are still siblings at this point, but the emotions running through that scene were so intense, and that's why it's one of my favorites. They get totally lost in each other! But then Jace pulls away and there's all of that tortured Herondale crap that they all have, and it made the scene so much more real; because of that, it is one of my favorites.

Image result for clace fanartJace:
Ladies and gentlemen, it is at this point that I will go into my love for the Herondales. I'm totally kidding (but I love them), this is about Jace Lightwood-Wayland-Morgenstern-Herondale. The evolution of his character is fantastic, and what's even better is that it just gets better for Clace. The same thing happens with Clary's character. But what I love about Jace is that he is so goddamn loyal to those he loves. This is such a Herondale trait and I love it. The sass- that's the other thing that I LOVE about him. He is just so sassy with everyone, everywhere, and I love it. I also kinda love his arrogance. In real life, I hate that; but in books, it seems different. I'll have to explore that phenomenon in a later post.


Clary:
Clary is like the kind of person I want to be, at least how she is toward the end of the series. She takes matters into her own hands and steps up to the plate to get shit done. PLUS, I really love how she's artistic and can create new ruins. Jace can have all the monkey jumping powers he wants, I want Clary's ruin powers. What I love about Clary's character is that it is realistic. Sometimes people give her crap because in the beginning of the series she "isn't a strong female" character. Let's be real (at least for me), if I was suddenly and violently thrust into this world of vampires and shadowhunters and demons, I would not be some automatic demon slayer. I would be like Clary, being smart about the situation, asking questions, training, learning the do's and don't's of the world. 

Clace:
Image result for clace fanartTHEY WORK SO WELL TOGETHER!!! Jace is sassy and arrogant by nature, and Clary just has none of it. They grow together through the series and help even each other out. Jace helps Clary be confident about her abilities and Clary helps Jace put things into perspective and humble him. And together, obviously, they were able to save the world along with the rest of the gang. They have been through so much, more than so many other ships that I know of, and they are still doing fantastic. If this changes in Lord of Shadows I might lock myself in a room and cry for days. Clace is one of my all-time ships, and I think this is true for quite a few people, making it like a classic ship in current YA literature.

I can't wait to see what happens for this ship in the future!!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment