Sunday, December 30, 2018

The Best and Worst of 2018

coffee vintage cup meal food drink black breakfast espresso coffee cup cake piece flavorMy Favorite (and Least Favorite) Books of 2018


I don't think I would typically include a "least favorite" list from the year (because it could be mean-- maybe? possibly? idk...), but I read many a book for school this year that was published many ages ago, so I may be able to pull it off. Here we go! **rubs hands together** I also don't particularly feel like explaining each choice, so here are the lists and that will just about do it for this post. I'd be happy to answer any questions though about my selections should they arise.


Image result for kingdom of ashBest Books of 2018
Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas
The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
Evelina by Fanny Burney
Red by John Logan


Worst Books of 2018
Feed by M.T. Anderson
Strangers to Ourselves by Julia Kristeva
The Popol Vuh
Image result for red by john logan coverToo Bad! by Isaac Asimov
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

I briefly want to point out while I'm here that just because a book is on my "Worst Books" list does not mean that it's bad. It could just be that I didn't enjoy it as much as the other books from the year or I personally did not like it as much as others will.

Looking forward to 2019 I am so excited to see what I will be reading! With the way my schedule is currently set up, I'm thinking I'm going to be reading a lot of plays, so there may be more of those on this blog in the future. There are also supposed to be a bunch of great books coming out and I feel like a lot of new authors breaking through, which will be super exciting to see.

Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment