Saturday, December 29, 2018

Closing My 2018 POPSUGAR Reading Challenge

Image result for night readingFinal Results of My 2018 POPSUGAR Reading Challenge


As the year closes out, one of the things that I reviewed was how well I did with my 2018 POPSUGAR Reading Challenge. And I did... okay? I sort of stopped keeping track of these books for the longest time and have just recently gone back through my books of 2018 to see if any of them match the challenge categories. Overall, here are the categories that I accomplished and the books they correspond with:

CHALLENGE--------------------BOOK

book made into a movie you've already seenHarry Potter and the Philospher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
next book in a series you startedRestore Me by Tahereh Mafi
book involving a heistThe Purloined Letter by Edgar A. Poe
novel based on a real person#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
book set in a country that fascinates youThe Rain Watcher by Tatiana De Rosnay
book about death or griefThe Pillowman by Martin McDonagh
book with an LGBTQ+ protagonistLover at Last by J.R. Ward
book that is also a stage play or musicalArcadia by Tom Stoppard
book by an author of a different ethnicity than youThe Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano by Olaudah Equiano
book you borrowed or that was given to you as a giftThe Cruel Prince by Holly Black
book by two authorsZenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings
book about or involving a sportAn Unexpected Christmas by Shannon Richard
book by a local authorThe Ligher Issue 65 Vol. 1+2
book with your favorite color in the titleThe Color Purple by Alice Walker
book with alliteration in the titleSense and Sensibility by Jane Austin
book with a weather element in the titleSky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
book with an animal in the titleOryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
book about or set on HalloweenThe Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
book with characters who are twinsLover Avenged by J.R. Ward
childhood classic you've never readTuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
book that's published in 2018The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
past Goodread's Choice Awards winnerQueen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
book you meant to read in 2017 but didn't get toThe Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
cyberpunk bookDo Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick
book by an author with the same first or last name as youA Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas


So in total I completely 25 books from the 2018 Challenge. I don't think that's too horrible... but considering that I wanted to complete all of the challenges it's a bit of a failure. Then again, the fact that I even made a tag for this challenge and sort of kept up to date with it like this shows significant improvement over previous year's participation.

Also, I know some of those titles may be a bit of a stretch to fit the categories, but I figured it's okay because there were a couple of books that I left off the list because I was not completely positive that it would qualify or I couldn't remember the details of it. So it balances out. Sort of. :)

I hope everyone else's reading challenges went the ways they wanted them to go and I look forward to challenging myself again in 2019!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment