Monday, July 25, 2016

Torn by Jennifer Armentrout Review WITH SPOILERS

Torn by Jennifer Armentrout
Review WITH SPOILERS
5 out of 5 Stars


 31038172
The feels.... The FEELS! Not only was this book really good (4.75 stars if you want to be specific), but there were like sucker punches of feels one right after another. I am very pleased to say that there was barely of that second book slump in Torn, and I loved returning to New Orleans and seeing the Order in action again. Jennifer Armentrout is a master at spinning stories with modern-day references and funny quips thrown into a dangerous situations. It was amazing. Truly. There good times and bad, funny times and sad ones, and it was all amazing.
SPOILERS

CHARACTERS: 
Ivy: I was so proud of her when she told Ren that she was a halfling. In the first part of the book I had a sinking sensation that if she didn't tell him, then it would get really bad, really fast, when Ren did find out. She has gone through so much in this book. It is going to be interesting to see how this affects her in the last book.

Ren: REN!!!! You knew he was with the fae when he went missing. But it was a thousand times worse when Ivy is actually in the house and Ren was tied up to a wall with bites all over him. I don't blame him for being distracted with Ivy's news and being taken, and I think he is actually a really good guy for still loving Ivy and putting his job and life at risk in doing so.

Tink: Bomb drop of the book: he can be human sized! I adore Tink and how much he values his friendship with Ivy and how loyal he is to her. Plus he's hilarious.

Faye: I don't have much to say about her, but I hope she ends up all right in the last book. She was really nice and it took a lot of bravery to break Ivy out of the prince's house.

WORLD:
I want to go to New Orleans.... so badly. I'm not sure I would want to live there, but it is definitely a place that I want to visit. With the fae tie-in, Jennifer Armentrout has turned the city with another level of interesting. I really like the information that winter took over summer and that they are destroying worlds because it gets too cold. A part of me would go up to the prince and tell him that he is incredibly stupid. What did he think would happen when he broke the balance between summer and winter?

WRITING:
I really love the references to actual TV shows and things. She writes them in in funny ways and most of the time, I get them! There's something else about her writing too. She is just a really good story teller and the words blend together and you can see what's happening unfold behind your eyes.
If you have read Wicked, the first book in this series, you probably want to read Torn. I'm not entirely sure if you could NOT want to continue reading. If you're still hesitant about it, I highly encourage you to keep going and pick this one up. If you haven't read this series yet, feel free to do so. You will not be disappointed. Or read any of Jennifer Armentrout's books- they are all lovely and fun.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment