Sunday, July 31, 2016

Batman vs Superman Movie Review

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Review
3.5 out of 5 Stars

I love superhero movies, both from DC and Marvel, so I was really looking forward to this one. And it was pretty good. But it seemed a little overwhelmed with details and it took quite a bit of time to set up all of those details. That being said, I actually really loved the ending. I think that this movie was overall a really great set up for other potentially amazing movies.

The acting was good- it certainly had some really great actors and actresses in it. And being someone from outside of the comic-book-reading community (I know... shameful) I thought that the characters fit in well with each other and how they interacted. I did get slightly confused when Lex called Superman's mom Martha, but then I realized that both his and Batman's moms were named that. Batman was the one character were I was slightly confused for a bit.... he just seemed even darker and more merciless (?) than what I was used to. Other than that, I have nothing else to say. They did good staying in their characters and bringing them to life.

I know that there are people who say the scoring wasn't that great and made the movie seem even broodier than it already is, but I actually really enjoyed it. In general, I am a huge fan of Han Zimmer, and I loved the music that he helped create in this movie. I though it fit well and was dramatic enough to bring home certain points of the story. Yes, it was dark music, but it was also a dark movie... fitting then right?


The only major thing I didn't like about this film was how long it was. The set up took ages.... and I know that all those details were necessary to make sure the content and extent of what was happening was clear, but I was still losing focus after awhile. At a certain point though, it does pick up and from that point on things are moving and moving spectacularly. Like I said, I loved the ending. I thought that it was really interesting and while a part of me wishes that Wonder Woman had been there sooner (as Wonder Woman), I think her role was played well and I am looking forward to the next DC movie. Which happens to be Suicide Squad. >:) I AM SO EXCITED FOR THAT ONE!

Back to this movie, 3.5 stars mostly because of the extremely long set up. I would still recommend seeing this though because I feel like it is going to be a cornerstone for many more movies to come, and there were some really great scenes in it.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment