Saturday, July 23, 2016

Throne of Glass Series (So Far) Review











Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J Maas
Review (Books 0-4) WITH SPOILERS
5 out of 5 Stars

ALL OF SARAH J MAAS'S BOOKS ARE AMAZING AND I RECOMMEND THEM TO EVERYBODY!!!! I'm not sure if there are really spoilery moments in this post, so let's assume there are spoilers everywhere so that you don't read this if you haven't read the books yet.

SPOILERS

16034235Throne of Glass
Throne of Glass is the first book in this series and is enough on its own to get you addicted to all of the characters and the plot line and holy chocolate all of the magic and fighting! I'm not even entirely sure what I can compare this book to... maybe a cross of the Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins) and Graceling (Kristin Cashore)? This is a poor explanation. The thing is, while Throne of Glass is great and captivating, the series doesn't die with book 1; it adapts and develops into this whirlwind that all ties back to some of the details presented in this book.

Crown of Midnight
17167166Just as amazing, this book will have you flipping pages non-stop until you reach the end. At that point, you will just go mad with wanting the next book. Of all of the books in the series so far though, I would have to say that Crown of Midnight is my least favorite of them all. It is still one of my favorite books that I have read in general, but compared to the rest of the series, it isn't up as high. So many new details and sassy moments are revealed to the reader in this second book of the series, and by the end of it, you're just left waiting for this giant bomb to fall in the plot line and you know that no matter how much you prepare for it, it will knock you on your butt when it comes.

20613470Heir of Fire
ROWAN!!!!! ROWAN IS THE BEST! I loved him from the moment that he found Celaena and they almost killed each other..... ah.... true love. But seriously, this book is the setup for one of my favorite ships of all time and I am rooting for them to be endgame. Now, about the book. Besides introducing a bunch of new badass characters, Heir of Fire had a lot of s*** go down in it. We have witches, we have Wyrdkeys, we have collars and rings, and we have SUCH IMMENSE character development. Aelin is different, so much more different than she was in Throne of Glass. For as strong and as badass as she was in the other two books, she becomes even stronger and more badass in this book because she accpets a part of herself that she has always been afraid of, so in a way, she now truly accepts who she is and what she is.  An amazing book.

Queen of Shadows
18006496 I died. In the best way possible of course. But Queen of Shadows took my heart and soul and hid them somewhere in the midst of its spine and pages and I have yet to claw myself way from the book because IT WAS SO GOOD. SO. MUCH. HAPPENED in this book that my head was spinning. There were moments when I was crying, rolling on the floor with laughter, hated some characters with a burning passion, and was proud of others and wanted to give them awards. At one point, I even threw the book because Arobyn is a little punk and pain. Of all of the books in the series so far, I love this one the most. I know its bad to pick favorites, but we all know that it happens. I'm just not denying it. Queen of Shadows is my favorite..... for now....
13419891 
Assassin's Blade
This books is from before Throne of Glass. We get to see Celaena in all of her assassin ways with the Guild, working with Sam (I really hope he's not dead, but I think he is), and being sassy as hell getting in trouble. My favorite part of this book was The Assassin and the Desert I loved the relationship that she formed with Ilias and I really hope he gets tied into either Empire of Storms or book 6. This book was like a throwback to Throne of Glass. I read it after QoS, but I think you can read it at any time in the series.

SHIPS!!!
Like I previously said, I'm pretty sure Rowaelin is endgame, but I'm going to explain why:
Dorian loves Aelin as Lilian
Chaol loves Aelin as Celaena
Rowan loves Aelin as AELIN
ALL OTHER SHIPS ARE DEAD!!!
There are other ships in the series too...
Aedion and Lysandra
Manon and Dorian (I actually really support this one)
Chaol and Nesryn

I think I'm going to make a follow-up post to me just spazing and hypothesizing about Empire of Storms, the fifth book in the series that comes out September 6, this year.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment