Thursday, August 4, 2016

Review: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child NO SPOILERS

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by John Tiffany, J.K. Rowling, and Jack Thorne
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Harry Potter and the Cursed ChildReading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is not like returning back to Hogwarts; however, you do get to return to this beautifully crafted world that JK Rowling had created so many years ago with Sorcerer's Stone, and that is something that can truly be cherished so long as you are open to the story and the ability to accept things that you may not like. There are so many old characters and friends we get to revisit; new characters that we get to explore; and another twist that can send you into a mild tailspin. I would not say it is as great as the others, but it definitely worth the read. Be open to new ideas, keep in mind that this is a play and therefore, there is a time restriction on it. The actual review of this is 4.25 stars. Could they have done better? Possibly. Did they do a really amazing job as it is now? Yes. Do I still want more? Of course.





I could go on and on about this book for quite a while, but I'm gonna stop myself now because this post already seems so much more longer than usual. Bottom line, I can see where fans are upset. BUT, I am really just beyond grateful that we got to see more story and more of the world that we have all fallen in love with. And it was good. It was quick, there were flaws, but that happens sometimes when it needs to be cut short. Like book to movie adaptations. That being said, I would not object to another epilogue. I would actually really love to see more of Scorpius and Rose and I would also want to see Albus find somebody as well. Also, more of James and Lily, and TEDDY. Go ahead and let yourself fall in love with another Harry Potter book. Unlike the others, there are more faults with this love, but that doesn't mean that there isn't love.

Thanks for reading fellow muggles! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment