Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Paul x Sarah (Saul?) from Orphan Black: A Ship in My Fleet

A Ship in My Fleet
Saul (Paul x Sarah)
From: Orphan Black
***Season 1 spoilers are very possible. Read at your own risk***


I don't actually have much evidence to support this ship. I just do.... 

I started watching Orphan Black from BBC America recently and I totally get why there is so much hype about it. Oh. My. Goodness. Freaking amazingness- that's what this show is made of. I've only seen season one so far, but even now, I am totally shipping Paul and Sarah. Luckily, I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen in later seasons, so I can just watch through them and fully experience the episodes provided I don't get spoiled by anyone. 

When I started shipping:
To be completely honest, I think I  started shipping them when Paul came to the precinct to pick up "Beth"/"Sarah" but it was really Helena that made the call. I'm just realizing now that this post may get difficult to follow. Anyway, I loved how he balanced being supportive and concerned in that moment. 

Favorite Cannon Moment:
Of all the moments that these two shared in this season, I think my favorite would be when Paul is tied up in the basement of the Neolution club and Sarah goes to rescue him. He just leans his head on her arm because he can't do anything else and it was just a really awesome moment. It was like they were drawing support from each other and it was also a really defining moment in their relationship in that Paul proves his loyalty to Sarah and places his trust in her.

Sarah:
Sarah may be one of my favorite fictional characters of all time, across all books, movies, and TV shows, I think she is one of the most impressive. Since the first episode, she has had to make impossible decisions, think on her feet, and act a thousand different parts and roles. She is incredibly smart and strong. 

Paul:
He's a bit of a mystery for a while. But then, learning of his past by the end of the season and seeing throughout the season how he proves himself to Sarah through his actions makes him super interesting and I can't wait to see more of him in the next season. What I find super interesting is that he didn't love Beth. But I feel like he's falling for Sarah.

Saul:
I actually have no clue if they have a ship name... because Saul is an actual name in itself. Parah? Either way, I think they should end up together. I feel like they're already drifting in that direction, but mostly just on Paul's part. Sarah is sort of busy at the moment and has bigger priorities that she needs to straighten out. But she can trust Paul! I want her to trust Paul more and let him in!!!!

Again, this is all based on season 1, but I cannot wait to watch the other seasons and see how this progresses. 

Thanks for reading!    

No comments:

Post a Comment