Thursday, July 21, 2016

Suspicion by Alexandra Monir Review WITH SPOILERS





Suspicion by Alexandra Monir
Review WITH SPOILERS
4 out of 5 Stars

I actually read this book quite a while ago.... and I wish there was more to it. The legitimate review that I want to give this book is 4.45 stars out of 5. It was great! And I loved reading a book with modern-day English peerage system involved. Not only was it interesting in that sense, but it was also captivating with magic, charming characters, and mystery. Alexandra Monir did a really well job with this story and although I have not read any of her other books, if Suspicion is anything to show for her writing style, I really want to get my hands on those other books.

22533415 CHARACTERS:
Soooo....... Because I haven't read this book in months, details are slightly fuzzy, but I do remember the general gist of how things happened and what was going on. The characters in this book were pretty good. The mains were well characterized, but I wish that could have expanded to some of the more side characters. That being said, that is the only somewhat negative thing I have to say about the characters. They weren't cliche or obnoxious and they interacted well with each other.

SETTING: Like I already mentioned, I really loved and still love the English peerage system. The way that all of this was tied into the story and the mystery of the murder was fastening. Also, the descriptions of the house and grounds were awesome and they were beautiful and haunting with their past all at once.

WRITING: I am very glad to say that there is absolutely no recollection of any bad writing or awful plot holes. I actually do remember that Alexandra Monir was able to keep the secret from unraveling for a very long time and continue raising suspicions about others while doing so. That takes a lot of skill and she pulled it off masterfully.
  Suspicion is amazing. Like I said, I wish that I had more of it, and that was part of the reason that it did not get a full five stars. It makes sense that the book stopped here and isn't going further, but I'm going to miss it. :( Alexandra Monir wrote with great skill and I am looking forward to reading her other books.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment