Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Power Review ***SPOILERS***

The Power The Power by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

REALLY GOOD!!! Jennifer L Armentrout is as amazing as usual with this book. The characters are witty and funny, and the relationships they have with each other are both realistic and tangible. The continuation of the plot line from book one is smooth and clear. I enjoyed how there wasn't really much of a recap in the beginning too; she pretty much just jumped right into the story. The only little thing (which I'm not really complaining about) is that I found myself caring more about the romance in the story than I was the adventure-y, mythical plot and I'm not sure if I was supposed to. Jennifer writes amazing characters, some of the best that I have ever read, and the humor that lies in her books makes me laugh out loud and receive weird looks from strangers. :) 


When the story opened with Seth and Josie... I immediately switched into full-out fangirl mode- squealing and all. I love those two. I could kind of see what was going to happen though with the Seth's "I can't be with you because I am pretty much a drug addict". It was bound to happen. It still KILLED me though when it happened. Especially when he DIDN'T TELL HER WHY. There are times when characters make stupid decisions. To Seth- YOU IDIOT. You don't just completely leave a girl with no reason, after that make-out session, and not tell her that it's because of your own personal issues! She is going to turn it around on herself!! And what does Josie do? She thinks she did something wrong. ***anger***

When shit is getting real in the yard (?) between the halves and the pures, and then a door came out of nowhere, I was like 'God?', 'more shit?', 'underworld?'. AND THEN ALEX AND AIDEN WALK THROUGH AND I WAS DYING INTERNALLY!!!!! I love how, when they walk through, it's like there's nothing going on around them. Alex flips someone over at one point, but it's casually done so, and then Deacon comes over and their all hugging each other and having a moment while people are full out fighting around them. Love it. I also really loved how they didn't act like they were on a visit or a vacation. They got involved, helped form a game plan, and got to work. I love these two :)

I can't wait to read the next one in the series. I want to know what happens to Seth and Josie, I can't wait for them to go to other countries, and I am really interested to meet the other demigods, because so far, they are quite interesting characters. 

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment