Sunday, April 3, 2016

Breaking Dawn Book Review WITH SPOILERS

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Book Review
4.48 Stars out of 5
WITH SPOILERS
I'm not really sure why, but it took me a really, really long time to finish this one. It was good- a nice ending- but it took me longer than I expected to finish it. I think maybe it dragged a little bit too long with the middle part and towards the end, some parts just seemed unnecessary and others seemed like they were placed very conveniently to make a nice little bow for the end. The plot in this one was my favorite out of all the books. I just felt like there more happening and an actual cohesive point and purpose behind the story that was driving it. The characters are rounded out nicely and were given very nice finishing touches. One of the things I really like about this one, is that we meet so many new vampires from so many different areas. It is no longer just the Cullens and the Volturi, and that just added in another really interesting element.



Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)When I first opened the book and I saw "Book One", I was sooooo confused. But then I flipped ahead to the title page for "Book Two" and saw "Jacob" underneath, and I got so excited. I loved that kid- he is easily my favorite character in the entire series. Like I already stated, I thought the middle part dragged out a bit. It is in Jake's POV, but the pregnancy just didn't seem to end, which is ironic because it was shorter than normal pregnancies. But then Jake IMPRINTED on Renesmee and I just thought, "I'm pretty sure that was the entire point of Bella getting pregnant: sink one ship by giving Jake another ship".

 At then end, we meet all these vampires, I think it is so convenient that Eleazar can predict extra powers. And that Bella happened to be a shield. But, it did work out very nicely for the story, and I liked the ending. The one biggest complaint that I had is that nobody fought! I watched the movie first (*sad face*) so I was expecting it to be like the movie, foolish me. BUT I STILL WOULD HAVE REALLY LIKED A FIGHT SCENE! Seriously, there is literally just tension, then more tension, then angst on top of even MORE tension, and it all is resolved so peacefully without anyone having to move from their side of the battlefield. It was really diplomatic, and I just wished there were even a few sassy comments thrown in before it was all resolved.

Thanks for reading! Go pick up the books!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment