Sunday, December 29, 2019

2019 Wrap-Up

2019 Wrap-Up
(Everything This Year That Will Hopefully Help Organize The Future A little Bit at Least)

Image result for winter photoSo my last post was April 26, 2019, and that blows my mind. It seems so odd that I've spent so much time away from the blog, and yet I can also 100% believe that because this (writing) feels hella weird. All this post is going to be is, essentially, me just running through my thoughts as they come and trying to holistically look at my year and start to piece together how I may want 2020 to go. So if you're looking for straight up bookish things or pop culture stuff... sorry. Not the post for you. Please poke around and check back later for those things. This one's mostly just for me.


Looking at my 2019 New Year's Resolution, I think I actually did pretty alright by those standards that I laid out for myself. There were three main resolutions that I wrote about, and while I can comfortably say I failed at the second one (journaling), I did a pretty bang up job with the other two, especially the third. Some observations though:

Image result for spring photo1) I don't do well with a lack of structure. Resolutions 1 and 3 both left a lot of room for interpretation, and while I do think I did a fairly decent job with them, I wonder if I could have done more if I had set out hard, objective means to measure things by. For example, Res. 1 was to be more creative. Well, clearly that wasn't through blogging. However, I did finish writing a novel, so like... holy **** am I right?! And that's super exciting, and I'm onto the next steps of editing and looking for agents, but again, what else could have happened if I had been more organized with my time? More purposeful? I am especially running into this problem now with the holiday break because I don't have a super structured routine right now. It just feels weird and I don't really like it.


2) I want to hold myself to higher standards and more accountability. This ties into the last point. While I have come a long way from where I was last year, I want to grow further still. 2019 moved fast in a lot of ways; but it also moved rather leisurely in other areas of my life. While that was nice and all, I think it's time to pick up the tempo and get back on the horse. I want to lay out goals. I want to set timelines and deadlines for myself. I don't want to just feel like I've grown in my life, but I want to be able to touch and see that growth as well.


Image result for summer photo3) I do need to give myself some slack because a lot has happened this year. Personally, academically, vocationally, family-wise, medically... you name it, it likely shifted for me. For one thing, I finished my undergraduate degree and proceeded to seek more education. There were a lot of little and large things in addition to this that, overall, made 2019... what's the word... tumultuous. And I don't necessarily mind that, because I'd rather have things shaken up so that I'm not bored, or to have things be crazy so that they can resettle where they need to be, but I want to grapple with 2020 a bit more forcefully than I have 2019. I want to be able to say I accomplished things and oh-by-the-way thing x was happening at the same time, or oh-yeah that was when thing y was going on.

Image result for fall photo4) Now what? Where to go from here... Well, this post feels good, like I've started to walk back up a mountain I'd been sliding down. Just dusting off some cobwebs and wondering where to go next. I'll keep thinking about what I want out of 2020, and I'll maybe do another post about that. For the immediate now, I think I'm going to write some reviews and get back into the swing of things. :):):) Super exciting (for me at least lol), so here we go!


This post is vague in general, but like I said, this was another one mostly just for me. If you read it and could relate in any way or to any part, great! I'm glad, and I hope you enjoyed reading it or that it made you think or something. If not, thanks for stopping by anyway. :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment