Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Spoiler Free Review of The Wicked King by Holly Black

Image result for the wicked kingThe Wicked King by Holly Black
4.2 out of 5 Stars


Okay, so straight up- fresh from the finish- I don't know how I feel about the ending. We'll... we'll just come back to that later.

Overall, I really enjoyed The Wicked King. I really, really loved The Cruel Prince though and at the end of the day, I couldn't bring myself to give this one the same rating as the first one. Comparatively, I think the first one had a much tighter grasp on the relationships between the characters than this one did, and that made the difference between them. This was still such a great book, and certainly, the political maneuvering that Holly Black performs is still just as mesmerizing as it was in the first book. There were a couple of moments when I was just like, yeah-yeah-let's-move-on, which was a little surprising, but even then those moments were fleeting and I was shoved right back into the thick of the plot.

The Wicked King, while not as good as the first book, was still completely enthralling and I'm curious more than anything else to see what happens in the next one. Luckily, I don't have to wait this time around.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment