Friday, March 25, 2016

Review: Lady Midnight SPOILER FREE

Lady Midnight Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Me Before: Where the hell can I get a copy???!?!!??!! NO SPOILERS!!!!!!!
Me Now: OH MY GOD EVERYONE GO GET YOURSELF ONE NOW THIS IS NOT A DRILL GO GO GO!!!
It feels like it had been ages since we've had another Shadowhunter book, so when this one came out, my first reaction was "*sigh* finally". And it took me awhile to reorganize who was who and how old they were. Obviously, I knew the main players in the game, but their siblings were a bit tangled up for awhile. And then it all got really good really fast. Do you need to have read the other books before this one? No..... but I would highly recommend it.
PLOT: Cassandra Clare jumps right into the story. You don't need to wait for anything. BAM, something happens. Five pages later, BAM, something else happens. It moves fast, but not in a way that leaves you confused.
CHARACTERS: I LOVED theses characters. From the oldest to the youngest, I was able to form an attachment to each of them, and they were all really well developed. The acted like a family, a legitimate family with stupid issues like "Tavvy wants to eat sugar for breakfast". Full run down later.
WRITING: This isn't a book I would necessarily recommend to smaller humans, for both comprehension and thematic reasons, but other than that I think anyone could read it- high school, college, retired, anybody. It flows nicely without many plot gaps. I actually think there may have only been one or two, but they're also things that may just be resolved later in the series. Her actual writing is not simple, but not too complex either where it becomes annoying to read. And like I said above, it MOVES. You will definitely not be bored reading this.




Thanks for reading and go get a copy of Lady Midnight!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment