Sunday, March 20, 2016

Allegiant Movie Review!!!

Allegiant (Part 1 of 2)
 I was so excited for this movie to come out because I have been a part of the fandom since its infancy. Not kidding you, I read Divergent a week after it was released and I have been thoroughly obsessed since. So naturally, I have had to see all the movies as well. 
I would have to give the movie 3.5 Stars. It was nice- definitely better than Insurgent- but there were still parts where I was like.... "What in the heck is.... why is this happening now...whaa....???"  But the fight scenes were fantastic, the actors were all amazing and went beyond my expectations, and it didn't stray too too far from the books. It did. I can guarantee you right now that they did. But they did it in a way that I think works. I'm not entirely sure what is going to happen in the next movie, because the set up is slightly really messed up for the actual ending of Allegiant. Because that ending (you know what I'm talking about, if not, go read the book) needs to happen. 
There were a few odd things things in the movie. Like, just straight up did not make sense. And then some of the shots I though were kind of strange too. They didn't necessarily ruin the movie, but I think that is definitely a part that took away from the general appeal of the movie. Miles Teller made up for that though. I loved his portrayal of Peter. Not only is Peter an insanely complex and interesting character, but Miles Teller executes that SO WELL. I'm in awe of how well he does it. Also, in this movie, he has some great sassy one-liners. 

As stated above, this is only the first half of Allegiant. I'm not sure how many people know about this, but the next movie is going to be called "Ascendant".
This title concerns me. I already said that the ending of Allegiant needs to happen. It. Needs. To. I don't think I can emphasize that enough. If that does not happen, I may cry just for the lack of it, thus completely annihilating the trilogy and a major necessary sacrifice. Which is why the title is so concerning to me. "Ascendant". WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???!!!??!?!?!? The ending has to happen. The ending has to happen. The ending. has. To. HAPPEN!!! Also, they're getting a new director, Lee Toland Krieger. Very interesting..... I hope he sticks to the true ending. :)

Go see Allegiant! There may be some peculiar things, but still worth it!
Thanks for reading!

P.S. I may post a Reaction post with spoilers and more details in it... haven't decided yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment