Wednesday, January 8, 2020

2020 Resolutions

2020 Resolutions
*Cracks fingers*
Here we go. 

Image result for bird in winter
Last year I made very vague resolutions that I think for the most part went well. They might have been more concrete, which will be something slightly different this year. But... I liked them. They were small little reminders not to get completely lost in the craze and chaos of the rest of my life. In the same way, I want to keep that tether strong and see if it can go even further this year, adding more concrete benchmarks at every step. So without further ado, here are my resolutions for 2020. :)

Image result for old library1) Journal More
This was the first resolution that I wrote down for last year as well. And where I sort of kept up with it last year, it was so laid back that I really, really, had a lot of room to improve. So- more concrete. Here it is: I am going to resolve to journal at least once a week. I think that should be more than doable, even if things start to get overwhelmingly busy. At the very least, even if things do get extremely busy, I'll owe it to myself to have that hour or two once a week, even if it's on a weekend.


2) Blog Upkeep
I really like blogging. I really like reviewing. And I really love reading. In a lot of ways, I want to maintain this blog better this year. For one thing, I sincerely want to keep up with the little "course" I've designed. There's more information if you follow the link. But also just generally, I want to read more and keep writing reviews. I think I may stay away from ARCs and NetGalleys because those can get really stressful and the time pressure on those may crush me a bit when I get swamped with school. Like with journaling, I'm going to hold myself to at least one post a week. God knows this is where I'll likely fail because one post a week on top of my "course" is going to be a lot when school and work get thrown in as well. But we'll see how it goes.


Image result for old library3) Project Project Project
Oof. This is going to be the one that keeps me super busy but the one that I am most excited for. I don't really want to go into more detail, but I do have another project that I am giving myself benchmarks and deadlines for.

And that's all folks! We'll see how these go, and best of luck with anyone else's resolutions.

Thanks for reading and here's to 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment