Saturday, December 31, 2016

Film Review: Moana

Moana MovieReview
4.9 out of 5 Stars

Image result for moanaDisney has yet to really fail me when it comes to their production of "princess" movies. Moana was incredible. Not only did it rise to and above any expectations from Disney movies, but it was so engaging and reminded me of why I love Disney so much. Everything from the animation to the music to the the little quirky jokes created a ninety minute long blissful escape to a tropical island that spits you out of the theatre happy and ready to face your dreams and the challenges that are whispered inside your head.

Image result for moana
I love the graphics!!! Her hair is a little frizzy!!! <3
The exact opposite of Frozen, this movie took place surrounded by lush tropical islands and warm seas. With all of the snow and ice around me, that was so welcome that I may or may not have looked at how much it would cost to visit an island right about now. Sadly, nothing in my budget; luckily, I could go see Moana again and visit those tropical places in my head.

Image result for moana
The one thing that I missed from the movie was the romance. Please don't freak out! I totally loved this movie and everything about it. There really was nothing wrong with it and no way they could have fit in romance. I actually really appreciated how Maui was Moana's friend only. But maybe I'm just that much of a romantic where I wish there was something, even minor, in the story that was romantic. Call it cliche, but I love when there's a happy romantic ending. For example, in Frozen, there was some romance, and it didn't undermine any characters at all. Anna was still just as strong and independent even though her and Kristoff had a thing by the end.


Image result for moana
I fell in love with the music of this movie---- so many great songs are on this album. I'm not just talking about the ones with words either, the entire score is great. If you don't believe me, look at the Golden Globe nominations and you'll find that the song "How Far I'll Go" is up for Best Original Song-Motion Picture.

I hope you go out and see this movie! It is uplifting, relaxing, and another great Disney movie to get put into the books. Really, anyone, any age, can see this and enjoy it.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment