Monday, February 17, 2020

Thoughts on House of Earth and Blood (Excerpt) by Sarah J. Maas

44778083House of Earth and Blood (Excerpt) by Sarah J. Maas
Thoughts
*Thank you to NetGalley and everyone else involved in making this excerpt available.*


Okay, so I'm not quite sure I can consider this a "review" per say, but I'm going to categorize it as such for organizational purposes. I was able to get the first five chapters of Sarah J. Maas's upcoming release, House of Earth and Blood, and before I go any further I have to admit that I was so excited about these five chapters that I cried a little. I am a HUGE SJM fan-- after is a list of all the post related to SJM that I've written. It's a lot.

Any-who, I was thrilled with what I've read so far and I didn't think I could look forward to this book any more than I already was, but I've been proven wrong. Here are my thoughts on the first five chapters, without any spoilers of course, and I cannot wait until March 3 to be able to read the rest of the book!!!!

What I Liked:
SO. MUCH.


44778083SERIOUSLY.

SO MUCH!

But for real, here's some of the highlights so far:
  1. The Pack (I'm definitely going to have to explain this one a bit more fully when the actual book comes out and I review it.)
  2. The Anticipation for Bryce's Character Development
  3. Hunt Athalar (who, admittedly, I'm not sure was in these pages yet, but c'mon. . . read the description of the book and tell me you don't like the idea of Hunt's character.) 
Hesitations/Reserves/Curiosities:
    44778083
  1. There's a lot of information that gets thrown out right away. Drink an espresso or something before you go into this, take some notes, don't multitask, etc. You're going to need some brain power to organize the sudden influx of world building. 
  2. I need me a map. A full on, whole planet/universe map because I'm a wee bit confused on a couple things. 
MY PEEPS THIS BOOK COMES OUT SO SOON WE ARE GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER SARAH J MAAS BOOK IN OUR EXISTENCE IN LIKE LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AND I'VE ALREADY DECIDED THAT I WILL LET MY MIND BE TRASH AT SCHOOL BECAUSE THIS BOOK WILL CONSUME MY EVERY THOUGHT AND FEELING.

Anyone else as excited as I am? Yes? I feel like for this one there must be at least one other person out there as excited as I am. :)

 Thanks for reading!
44778083
All My SJM Posts:
Empire of Storms Excitement
Review of Empire of Storms
Prepping for Kingdom of Ash
Review of ACOFAS
Swiftathon (there's a mention or two)
Top 10 Book Boyfriends of 2016
Ten Bad*** Gals from YA Literature
AELIN IS GOING TO MAKE THE BATHTUB (Oh, past me. . . you were so confident in this.)
Books I'm Looking Forward To 2019
Ranking the Throne of Glass Series
Top 10 OTPs
Top 10 Fae Books
Feysand: A Ship in My Fleet
Review of ACOMAF
Rowaelin: A Ship in My Fleet
Throne of Glass Ships

I didn't even list them all. You could say I'm a ~little~ in love with her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment