Saturday, November 24, 2018

My Bookish Christmas List

Image result for books in snowMy Bookish Wish List


This may or may not be the best time of the year to get a bunch of shopping done with Black Friday, Cyber Monday, holiday deals, etc., etc.... so I'm just going to leave this list here of what bookish and nerdy things I know that I would like and I'm going to recommend some general ones as well. Honestly, there's a very good chance that I will buy at least one of these things myself. Also, any of the images will have links in their descriptions in case anyone is curious and wants to buy it.

My Wish List
Image result for jane austen mug
Jane Austen mug
1) Books. Pfff- who would've thought? For real though here's a quick list of titles that I'm interested in: Every Note Played by Lisa Genova, Circe by Madeline Miller, From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata, The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Consumed by J.R. Ward, The Room on Rue Amelie by Kristen Harmel. There are a lot more, but I'll leave it at this for now.

2) A Jane Austen mug. This may be overly common, but I love Jane Austen's books and these mugs are completely adorable and I would use mine for everything from oatmeal to coffee.


3) A book print dress (or scarf) with really almost pages from any book. I just think these are both so beautiful and so perfect for personality.

Image result for book print scarf the raven
Book Print Scarf

4) Floating bookshelves. With all the books I already have and the ones I want to get there is no shelf space left for me. I really need to go through my books and donate some of them, but I also just really like how floating shelves look. There are a couple of spots where I think they would look good, plus I'm out of floor space so there's also no other option.

5) Character candles. I. Am. Obsessed. I have yet to find a company that I don't like. But I also am just generally in love with the smells associated with the Night Court and Rhys from the series A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, and luckily nearly every company I've come across has seemed to have some sort of candle related to that. The more the merrier I say.

My Bookish Recommendations List
Image result for library socks
Library socks
1) Start with my favorite books. I truly love these and would highly recommend them. Here's my Goodreads shelf because there's too many to list.

2) Library socks. Personally, I lose socks like other people lose pennies. I stopped trying to wear matching socks years ago, so this gift probably wouldn't be the best for me, but they are super cute and I wish I didn't lose socks so that I could wear these.

3) Bookends-- really any kind will do. Maybe get some personalized ones or really interesting ones, because eventually you put books on top of the shelves and you need something to stop them from falling.

Image result for jamie fraser throw pillow
Jamie Fraser pillow
4) Throw pillows. A lot of people really love these things, either for use or for decoration, and there are PLENTY of great bookish throw pillows out there. There are some that even look like book characters!

5) Tea and mug combo set. Just set someone up for a cozy reading session. They'll have the book (or you could get one) and you'll provide the nourishment. They'll be all set to cuddle up and read and relax.

Best of luck if you're looking for gifts this weekend and I hope you find what you're looking for!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment