Thursday, January 4, 2018

12 Hour Reading Challenge

Image result for harry potter and the philosopher's stoneA Challenge That Is Exactly What It Sounds Like: 
Reading for 12 Hours Straight


Hello! I hope 2018 is off to a great start for all of you. I thought that I would start mine by doing a sort of beginner's level of the 24 Hour Reading Challenge that is around online. Instead of reading for the whole of 24 hours, I decided to set aside a day and only do it for 12 hours, thus ensuring that I can get some sleep in because I couldn't afford a day of reading AND a day of catching up sleeping. Anywho, I think it was a huge success! Here's the breakdown:

Start: 12 noon

First book (had already started): Arcadia by Tom Stoppard
pages: 57
Second book: Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
pages: 139
Third book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
pages: 332
Fourth book (did not finish): The Strange Case of Dr. Jeykll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
pages: 12

Image result for arcadia tom stoppardEnd: 12 midnight

Total books read: 2.5-2.75 
Total pages read: 540

I don't think that's too shabby of a 12 hour reading session. And it's roughly 12 hours- I took breaks to eat, shower, talk, etc. It was a lot of fun though and really relaxing. The best part is, I got to sleep like a normal person and here I am today perfectly functional.

So there you have it! My 12 Hour Reading Challenge- highly recommended!!!!


Thanks for reading and happy belated New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment